We’ve sent the following by Email to those who have registered. Unfortunately some have ‘bounced back’. So if you have registered and not received an Email – this is it:
On behalf of the St Leger Rotary Club and the Friends of Sandall Park can I thank you for entering this years Doncaster Santa Dash on Sunday. We have managed yet again to make the event fully funded with sponsorship from local businesses. This means that EVERY penny from your entry fee will go to your chosen charity. This is a pretty unique position to be in for an event of this size and we thank all our event sponsors for their continued support.
The weather forecast for Sunday is good – especially for the middle of December! But there a few things that we ask for your co-operation with to make day run smoothly:
1. If you have already collected your Santa outfits there is no need to register on the day. Just turn up early – enjoy the entertainment and be part of the great atmosphere;
2. If you have yet to collect your Santa outfits please arrive in plenty of time to collect your outfit from the registration tent next to the picnic area. It would help if you bring your receipt;
3. There will be no parking in the main car park. It is reserved for event vehicles and blue badge holders. Given the type of charities we are supporting even blue badge parking will be at a premium so we ask, even if you have a blue badge and can walk any distance please consider parking near the park, possibly on one of the nearby industrial estates;
4. The warm-up area and start/finish is different this year. The warm-up area is on the picnic area and part of the car park will be taken up with staging;
5. When you have completed the dash – hang around for a chat and help create the atmosphere that the Santa dash has become well known for;
6. After the event, if you have raised personal sponsorship for your charity please send any proceeds direct to your charity and in the case of a Rotary Club charity send the money to the St Leger Rotary Club.
The Bramley Brass Band will be playing from 10.15, the best dressed dog and buggy competition will take place at 10.30, the Dash warm-up will be at 10.45 with the dash itself starting at 11am. When you cross that start line Christmas officially starts!
We look forward to seeing you in the park on Sunday. Bring your cameras, take plenty of pictures and don’t forget to send us your best ones for our Facebook page and website.
See you Sunday,
Friends of Sandall Park